Thursday 9 January 2014

[hazelnut dukkah]

Last weekend, Dan and I caught up with a number of our friends for a BBQ to celebrate the close of summer holidays.
For dessert, I put together a fresh fruit platter served with natural yogurt and my very own Sweet Hazelnut Dukkah.
It's a delicious way to spruce up a fruit salad or platter and is divine sprinkled over soaked oats for breakfast!

Sweet Hazelnut Dukkah

1 cup roasted almonds
1/3 cup hazelnuts
1/3 sesame seeds
1/4 cup black chia seeds*
2 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp Loving Earth organic vanilla powder**
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom
1 tbsp organic maple syrup

Toast the hazelnuts and sesame seeds in a frypan
Cool slightly and place in food processor
Add the rest of the ingredients and process until chopped and combined

Voilà, sweet, fragrant and rustically delicious dukkah.

*if chia seeds aren't your thing, substitute for poppy seeds or omit
** can substitute powder for vanilla essence.


If you decide to try my dukkah recipe, I'd love to hear from you!
Tag me on instagram @ajaneday and #ajaneday
And be sure to let me know of any suggested improvements to the recipe - I'd love your feedback!

Happy summer!
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...