Thursday 18 July 2013

[croquet engagement brunch]

My little sister Sarah is engaged!
To celebrate this happy occasion, we threw her and her fiancé Chris an engagement party.  Rather than your typical evening soiree, we held a Sunday brunch at a sweet little croquet club.
I had a friend of mine who's an aspiring florist to create the beautiful arrangements for the brunch table and had a few family members and Sarah's other bridesmaids to help with the tasty morsels.
It was truly a perfect winter's morning here in sunny Brisbane!
The lovely Rachel Evans created these stunning blooms, complementing the mint green and yellow theme beautifully with dewy succulents and billy buttons.
Gluten Free Banana Cake with Passionfruit Icing.
(Made by yours truly)
I discovered this completely divine recipe over at My Darling Lemon Thyme - a fantastic food blog full of delish gluten free goodness.
Clockwise from the top, Sarah, me (her MOH) and her lovely bridesmaids.
Me and my bearded husband.
Long time friends Brooke and Britney looking the part for a morning of croquet.
and the happy couple.
I love these shots,
they're a bit cute.
And so the planning begins.
Jx




3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous couple and a beautiful morning! The flowers are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your sister! The flowers are just beautiful and I'd love a slice of that cake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...