Sunday 3 June 2012

[the new grannies in town]

Here in Brizzy it's been somewhat miserable!
Good news for my newly planted and surprisingly surviving herb garden - not so good for my enthusiasm to venture out of the house.
So I decided to embrace the crappy weather and use it as an opportunity to remain in my pyjamas and uggs a little longer than usual, indulge in wintery comfort food and make some progress on the new granny rugs.
Here's a little of what I'm working on...
Sweet and colourful - fuchsia, yellow, lilac and mint
for my step-mum.
Delicious berry tones - Red, fuchsia, pale pink and green
for my soon to be mother-in-law.

Perfect distraction on a rainy winter's day.
I'll be starting a third soon too for my MUM mum - You can never have too many projects on the go at once!
Stay warm, dry and cosy everyone! Jx

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty and the perfect project for a rainy day! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna.
      My body's really not enjoying the Brizzy cold snap but at least I'm getting a few crafty things done! Stay warm! Jx

      Delete
  2. Jane I love these! My Granny Lucy used to make these all the time... I have two of them from her home in Virginia that I schlepped back to Australia and use for rainy days! They are the PERFECT comfort. Can't wait to see your finished product!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Allison! How special to have your Granny's handmade blankets! I also love the look of them folded and stacked in our bookshelf through summer. Jx

      Delete
  3. How lovely! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...