Wednesday 22 February 2012

[my happening saturday night]

As I mentioned here, we took a little trip up the coast over the weekend.
This is what I did, at the beach, on a Saturday night...
I can remember my nan taught me how to knit when I was a young, slightly gangly little girl in Albury.  What I didn't remember was how to actually knit.
So my step mum, on a muggy summer's night at the beach, taught me once again.
Just like riding a bike really.
By the morning I felt pretty confident... just as long as I didn't drop a stitch... then I'm stuffed.
I'm itching to go op-shopping now and begin an impressive knitting needle collection.
Hopefully one that looks like this...
image via here
Don't you love Wednesdays?
Almost the weekend again! Jx

4 comments:

  1. Miss Jane

    it's pink and it's sooooo cute.

    I think I used to knit 1000 little scarfs for my dolls when I was little.
    they had them in all colours :)

    I've lost all the technique now but hope to one day do it again.

    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, hereiamloulou blog 

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loulou!
      You'd pick it up so quickly. I can't wait to actually make something now.
      Not until I finish my current granny rug though! Jx

      Delete
  2. You must be a very patient person! I tried to learn hwo to knit but.. no success! It takes too long...

    Beautiful photography!

    have a lovely day,

    CrashingRED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id love to knit... My nan tried to teach but I have no talent at all. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...